- Practice letting go. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- When it gets hard, take a moment. Use understanding as your default mode not anger.
- You were happy when you were 3. Why was that? Ask more questions!
- No conclusion or accusation is ever correct. Even if you think you know the facts. You don’t.
- Really and truly try not to worry about what others think. See point 3.
- Your parents are human. There’s no rule that says you have to agree with their choices or own their mistakes.
- Work out what makes you tick and how that is influenced by others and how it affects the people you care about.
- Be good and true and give up every part of yourself to the one you love.
- Work hard at what you love doing and be persistent. Don’t give up. Consistency trumps intensity.
- Practice this stuff because sure as shit some day you want to be a great dad to two amazing little girls.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: